You can call the surgery number on 01647 433320 to make an appointment. Alternatively you can register for online services and book via the link at the top of this page.
We offer Telephone appointments Monday-Friday with Dr Wood and Dr Hart.
The following are suitable for telephone consultations:
- Follow-up discussions or advice relating to previously seen or existing conditions.
- Medication reviews where the existing prescriptions are straightforward.
- Discussion of test results.
- Fit Note Issue / Reissue (Although a subsequent face to face consultation may be required)
- Discussions re the suitability of, or reactions to medication.
- Discussions of an administrative nature such as choice of provider or clinical procedure.
- Instances where the doctor or nurse has suggested a telephone call as being suitable.
The following circumstances would indicate that a telephone consultation may not be appropriate:
- Where the patient is not known personally to the doctor.
- Where the doctor considers that an examination should be made.
- Where the doctor considers that there is a degree of risk involved in a remote consultation.
- Where the patient is abroad. This effectively would be a consultation in another country where the doctor may not be licensed to practise, and where he / she may not be insured. Patients should be advised in these circumstances to seek help locally and through their travel or health insurer.
- Where the doctor’s ability to monitor or provide follow-up care is compromised.
- Where the doctor is aware that the patient may have communication difficulties (e.g. deafness or speech problems) or where there is reason to believe that the patient may have difficulty in understanding.
- Where the use of telephone or other remote means may be insensitive to the emotional or similar needs of the patient.
Please note that if you require a chaperone at your appointment please notify the receptionist on booking your appointment so that they can arrange for a chaperone to sit in with you and the GP/Nurse.
Verbal consent will be obtained from you (the patient) prior to all examinations of an initimate nature. A chaperone is offered to all patients (male or female) undergoing an intimate examination, irrespective of the gender of the doctor or nurse.
Patient dignity, privacy and confidentiality and the doctor/nurse/patient relationship will be taken into consideration when the use of a chaperone is considered/used.
If an intimate examination/procedure is necessary as part of a home visit, the patient will be asked if they require a chaperone present and a family member or friend can be chosen to be their chaperone.
Patients can also bring a chaperone to their appointment if they so wish, please inform reception when booking your appointment.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
The surgery is a training practice for fully qualified doctors with experience of hospital medicine, who wish to become GP's. During their time at the surgery they are known as GP Registrars.
The surgery also contributes to the training of medical students. From time to time students may be present during surgery consultations. If you do not wish them to be present at your consultation please let us know.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.